- We call our small groups Life Groups. Life Groups include every aspect of Christian living and community Jesus taught and demonstrated to His disciples, the first Life Group. An apple tree will only produce fruit if placed with other apple trees; they must have the cross pollination that comes from being with other trees. Believers must have the love, support, and interaction that come from being with other believers. In order to grow in Christ and produce the fruit God desires in us, we need to learn to live together in the kind of community that will come as we grow in Christ together in Life Groups.
Life Groups meet weekly from September through May and meet occasionally for fellowship during the summer. Beginning in September each group focuses on the same topic, using the same material for approximately 10 weeks. This creates a wonderful opportunity for church unity. For the remainder of the year, each Life Group selects its own topic of study.
We invite you to become involved in this small group (8-12 people) atmosphere for study of God's word, worship, ministry, outreach and fellowship. If you would like to participate or have any questions please contact the church office at 730-9512.
In Life Groups, we are doing life together, by living according to God's Word, growing in Christ and enjoying Him and one another.
men's Fellowship Opportunities - Activities designed just for men provide opportunities for spiritual growth, fellowship, and bonding with your brothers in Christ:
- Men's Breakfast
- Men meet every third Saturday at 8:00 a.m. for a home-cooked breakfast, devotional time (which sometimes includes special guests), and a great time of fellowship. See the calendar page for specific dates.
- Men's Retreat - Every spring men from Hanover Friends go to the Williamsburg Retreat Center in Williamsburg, VA to learn and grow in their faith together. The annual retreat offers inspiring speakers, wonderful worship, fantastic food, and opportunities to fellowship with each other.
View more information about Mentor's fellowship opportunities
praise & Worship Team - A group of musicians, vocalists, and technicians, who feel called by the Lord to lead the congregation in praise and worship of the Living God. This ministry meets once a week for rehearsal, devotions, and fellowship. They lead Sunday morning worship services at HEFC as well as various other services and outreach functions.
sports Fellowship Opportunities - Activities that provide spiritual growth opportunities and fellowship include:
- Co-ed Volleyball
- Come join us for a great time of volleyball during fall and early spring. We play on Monday evenings at Cool Spring Baptist Church at 6:30, 7:30 or 8:30. Contact our coach Matt Cumby at 804-356-8833 if you would like to join the fun.
- We have a variety of adult classes all meeting each Sunday at 9:15 a.m. We are committed to teaching the Word of God and to the consistent presentation of the gospel message of salvation.
Current classes include:
- Lost & Found
women's Fellowship Opportunities - Activities designed just for women provide opportunities for spiritual growth, fellowship, and bonding with your sisters in Christ:
- Women in the Vine
- is our women's ministry deriving its name from John 15:5. Our mission is to establish our value through a personal relationship with God; to use His Word to inspire us to walk out His plan for our lives; to help nurture our God given desires, hopes and dreams through fellowship; and to encourage outreach in every direction. We meet monthly and always have a good time together. Whether we are listening to a speaker, going out to dinner, or painting ceramic tiles at a pottery studio, there is always lots of love and laughter to go around. Check the church calendar for meeting dates and times.
I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever lives in Me bears much fruit. However, apart from Me you can do nothing. - John 15:5
- Women's Retreat - Do you need a weekend away with some sisters in Christ? Every September women from Hanover Friends head off to the Hilton Garden Inn Kitty Hawk located on the beautiful coast of the Atlantic Ocean in Kitty Hawk. Two great sites to see while attending would be the Wright Brothers National Memorial and the North Carolina Aquarium. The weekend overflows with inspiring speakers, wonderful worship, fantastic food, and newfound friends. We would love for you to join us!